“Self-love is the source of all our other loves.” – Pierre Corneille
Happy Valentine’s Day beautiful people! This post is just a reminder that today and every other day should be filled with love. Even if you’re single, fill your days with love ..self love. Teach the world how to love/treat you by loving yourself unconditionally.
If you would’ve asked me a few years ago if I loved myself, I would’ve said yes without even hesitating. Little did I know I lacked so much self love. I allowed myself to be in “situationships” when I would’ve preferred commitment. I’ve hidden my feelings to try to avoid getting them played with. I’ve disconnected from who I really am to please someone else. I’ve chosen fuckboys before my own soul. I put myself last. I’ve ignored dreams/ideas because I didn’t feel confident enough. I sought validation from the world. Should I go on?
After everything I’ve experienced so far, I wouldn’t change a thing because it all molded me into the queen that I am today. Once I learned that my love for me determines how I’ll be loved and how I’ll love others, my life changed. I’m amazed at my growth every time I look back on the choices I’ve made in the past. Trust the process and don’t allow holidays, people or boredom to rush you and cause you to settle for fake love.
And now that I get to enjoy a new, beautiful relationship, I still remind myself to keep God and my soul first because it is the only way I can love another person perfectly/unconditionally.
SELF LOVE AFFIRMATIONS
- I love myself deeply and fully.
- I am worthy of the best things in life.
- I have full power over my destiny and trust that God will guide me to make the best decisions.
- I deserve a life that feels amazing.
- I love my body so I treat it with respect.
- I am powerful.
- I approve of myself.
- I am at peace with all that has happened, is happening, and will happen because I know that everything happens for my good.
- I am proud of myself and all that I’ve accomplished.
- I’m raw.